Egton & Danby Surgeries PPG’s have merged to form our new Esk Valley Medical Practice.
Esk Valley Medical Practice is eager to ensure that local people are actively involved in deciding how the health services they use should develop.
The Patient Participation Group has been established to:
- improve communications between doctors and the patients, and in particular to give feed back to the practice about the patients’ principle concerns and expectations.
- provide an informal mechanism for receiving patients’ suggestions and constructive criticism about the practice and its organisation.
- provide a forum for the discussion of health education topics of interest to patients and to help patients to take more responsibility for their health.
- encourage the promotion of voluntary community care, especially for the housebound and elderly, and the setting up of self-help groups for those patients with particular needs.
- act as a community pressure group using its influence to bring local needs to the attention of health and local authorities.
- The success of the proposed changes to the NHS, in particular the closer involvement of GPs surgeries in the commissioning and purchase of services will rely on ‘Healthcare professionals working together with patients and the public to improve the health of the communities they serve’. The PPG provides this forum.
We would welcome new members to join the group. If you are interested in becoming a member of the group then please contact Debbie Harrison at the Surgery.
Meetings are held quarterly, or more frequently if circumstances call for it.